Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Feeling Cozy?!




I believe that we must step out of our comfort zone in order to achieve great things. All of my best expereiences are of times when I stepped out and felt uncomfortable. Usually when I feel like I want to sneak out of the situation and go home, thinking that no one will notice, is when if I push it through, great things will happen.


I tell you this because lately I have been feeling like that in alot of areas. There have been lots of changes in my life so I feel it at work, in relationships, and I feel it with Crossfit in my own workouts. However, I know that it means that I am growing. I am increasing my capacity to do something new that I never thought that I would be able to do.


So, when was the last time that you felt that uncomfortable feeling about something you were doing. If it has been a while, then I challenge you to seek it out. I remember when I first started Crossfit, Jeremy told me "if your workout doesn't make you nervous, then you are probably doing the wrong workout." Who would have thought that even after two and a half years, I would still get nervous about doing a workout? That means that I am still being challenged and in turn still growing and learning!


No comments: